“Please sponsor me and help people living with MS”
I am taking part in the 2015 Shepparton 24 Hour Mega Swim in order to raise funds for people affected by multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis is the most common disease of the central nervous system and affects over 23,000 Australians.
Did you know:?
* Multiple sclerosis is a disease that attacks the central nervous system (the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves) and is the most common neurological disease among young adults.
* Four people every working day in Australia are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis - that equates to an additional 1,000 people each year.
* The age of diagnosis is 30, however, children as young as 10 have been diagnosed.
* One in 20 Australians will be directly impacted through a diagnosed family member, friend or colleague.
* The progress, severity and specific symptoms of multiple sclerosis cannot be predicted.
* No two cases of multiple sclerosis are identical. The visible and hidden symptoms of multiple sclerosis are unpredictable and vary from person to person and from time to time in the same person.
* Symptoms may include extreme fatigue, blurred vision, loss of balance and muscle co-ordination, slurred speech, difficulty with walking, balance issues, dizziness, altered sensation such as tingling, numbness, or pins and needles.
* Multiple sclerosis is a lifelong disease for which there is no known cause or cure.
The MS 24 Hour Mega Swim event raises funds for MS Australia's 'Go for Gold' Scholarship program. 'Go for Gold' scholarships are awarded to people living with multiple sclerosis covering a broad range of categories including education, travel, sport, music, the Arts and employment. MS Australia aims to minimise the impact of multiple sclerosis on all individuals affected by the disease, their families, carers and the community by offering a wide range of assistance, services and equipment.
MS Australia's goal is to assist everyone affected by MS to live life to their full potential and secure the care and support they need, until we ultimately find a cure. Please DONATE by clicking on the button to the right and help MS Australia to help all people affected by multiple sclerosis.
|Addison Smith||$25.00||Good luck!|
|DAMIEN STEVENS||$5.00||WELL DONE, AND THANK YOU FOR GETTING INVOLVED! :)|